Montag, 29. November 2021

I Riden Så - Ye Ride So Carefully -

 


 

 

(image fom pixabay)



Gjallarhorn - A Finnish band
 
 

 
 English lyrics here
 
Shared with Photo Tunes
Oh Silibrand rode up to the top of the mound,
(All under the lime tree so green.)
There he got to see his daughter going in the grove.
(You ride so carefully through the grove with her.)
 
Oh woe is me, woe is me, what do I see.
I see my daughter, she's coming to me.
 
Oh, Silibrand spreads out his cape so blue,
There she gave birth to twin sons.
 
To my father I will give my grey steed,
Which he will ride to the church upon.
 
To my sister I will give my seven gold rings,
That I haven't worn since I was a bride.
 
To my brother I will give my small gloves,
That he will carry with him wherever he goes.
 
One child they took to Freya's christening,
The other one they took to the hall of Valhalla.
 
Thanks!
thanked 134 times
Submitted by OwlinOwlin on Sun, 01/04/2012 - 09:33
Added in reply to request by TequilasunriseTequilasunrise
Author's comments:

Since many of these words in the song are very old and aren't used in the Swedish language anymore, it's very difficult to translate. But I did my best, if anyone knows a better translation to some of them, please tell me, it'd be a great help.

5
Average: 5 (1 vote)
Swedish

I riden så

Collections with "I riden så"
Gjallarhorn: Top 3
Idioms from "I riden så"
Comments
hunhxchunhxc    Wed, 04/04/2018 - 00:32

One question: what makes "i riden" 2nd person singular?

NuggetPlsNuggetPls    Thu, 27/12/2018 - 01:51

One thing I noticed is your translation of loftesvala which I realize would be pretty hard to properly translate in english but is in fact a specific part of a specific kind of house (loftsbod) and not a mound. Is this intentional?

AzrealAzreal    Wed, 12/05/2021 - 00:12

So a father watched his daughter give birth to twins one of which died with her and he went to a sacred place to Bury her...geez

Read about music throughout history
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/i-riden-sa-you-ride-so.html

2 Kommentare:

  1. ...Masha, thank for introduces me to Gjallarhorn. I hope that you are enjoying the Advent season. Take care.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Liebe Mascha,
    wirklich wundervolle Bilder, die mich in eine Traumwelt mitnehmen, eine sehr schöne. Danke fürs Zeigen.
    Ich wünsche Dir noch eine schöne Woche.

    Viele liebe Grüße
    Wolfgang

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich sehr über Dein Interesse und Deinen Kommentar.

Mit dem Abschicken deines Kommentars akzeptierst du, dass der von dir geschriebene Kommentar und die personenbezogenen Daten, die damit verbunden sind (z.B. Username, E-Mailadresse, verknüpftes Profil auf Google/ Wordpress) an Google-Server übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu erhältst du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.