Freitag, 6. September 2013

Random 5 Friday


These pictures I took from the moving train.




They are out of focus and unusable as photos ... 
but for me they have something picturesque.
They show movement.


This is the Harz Narrow Gauge Railways, which goes up to the Brocken. 
The mountain is only 1143 feet high, but for us in Germany is a lot.
Earlier there was the German border and the division was locked area. 
Therefore, we jokingly say: the Brocken, the highest mountain in the world.
 For as no one comes up ;-)



This is the highest peak of the mountain with some technical buildings.
And I also saw beautiful clouds. This is not self-evident.
On most days there is heavy fog.
 This mountain looks through his building unpoetic, but it plays a role in the literature: here plays the drama "Faust" by Johann Wolfgang Goethe.
And that is why it is often associated with witches and these are its current tourist icon.
Well, I'm not riding on the broom, I took the train ...



I like the old technology rather than todays
and I like to look at how the steam locomotive 
gets the fresh water on station.


8 Kommentare:

  1. Nice I like steam trains. Taking photos from trains is not easy.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thank you for taking us traveling with you. What a beautiful forest. Thank you for explaining - i am wealthier because of you this morning.

    Wonderful!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What a gorgeous engine -- looks to be old? Thank you for taking us along Mascha. xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Love the train Masha. A couple of weeks ago I heard a steam train approaching and I ran down to it to see it. Wish there were more steam trains running. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Love the steam train. Took my whole wedding party on a steam train & riverboat cruise in the beauty of October in New England. Great memories! Thanks for sharing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Thank you for your nice comments. Very close to where I live, is the train station and I see them almost every time I leave the house. The locomotives are built 1908-1930, they are well maintained. I have already viewed this workshop. And I loved it as a child to ride this train.
    When in autumn the light is really good once so hazy and sun, as it can be only in the fall, I'll do a series of photos.
    And here it is in winter, it was very cold ...
    http://maschas-buch.blogspot.de/2010/12/transsibirische-eisenbahn.html
    Under the label "HSB" are more pictures, also from the workshop.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I love trains, and you got some great photos of this one. I like the blurred photos showing movement, especially the first one where you can see the rest of the train in the photo, too.

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich sehr über Dein Interesse und Deinen Kommentar.

Mit dem Abschicken deines Kommentars akzeptierst du, dass der von dir geschriebene Kommentar und die personenbezogenen Daten, die damit verbunden sind (z.B. Username, E-Mailadresse, verknüpftes Profil auf Google/ Wordpress) an Google-Server übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu erhältst du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.